Please use our new site Planningtoretire.ca to enroll in all seminars.
Finding the time to ensure a healthy, financially comfortable and interesting retirement is a crucial step in one’s life journey. Thorough research is essential to setting realistic retirement goals – no matter your age or years’ of service. This course provides pertinent information and insight into financial and non-financial issues related to retirement from the Public Service of Canada. Participants will study the resources they need and the options involved in planning their financial security while maintaining their lifestyle and preparing for the many aspects of retirement.
This 3-day course is a must for all public servants planning to retire from departments or agencies.
Set up a contract with Walz Robinson Group to have any number of courses delivered in-house for your department or agency. We would be pleased to work at the location of your choice and arrange dates suitable to your workplace. Courses can also be tailored to your needs. Please contact Darryl or Melody for further details and pricing.
This option allows public servants from numerous departments and agencies to purchase an individual seat for the 3-day seminar at various locations across the Western and Northern Regions throughout the year. Employees can use a government credit card during the registration process to book and confirm their seat.
Cost: $795. (plus applicable taxes)
Partners of participants may attend at no additional cost. Space is limited.
Please indicate your spouse’s attendance when booking.
Please contact us to book multiple seats at a single seminar.
Schedule and Registration
Select from the available sessions below. Payment is required at the time of booking. Please have your government credit card available to complete the process. Courses may also be offered on-site to larger groups. Please contact us for more information.
You will learn and review:
- Principles involved in sound financial planning
- Personal and psychological aspects of retirement
- How to organize, review and assess your retirement finances
- Details of The Public Service Pension Plan and related benefits
- Benefits available from the Canada Pension Plan, Old Age Security and other government programs
- Tax planning and RRSP strategies
- Strategies to optimize your employee benefits
- Severance planning
- Cash flow planning in retirement, including annuities, RRIFs & other sources of retirement income
- Savings and investment fundamentals
- Insurance & Health Considerations
- Will and Estate Planning